cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIN2K Service Pack 3 and Cisco VPN client 3.6

kvernon
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded a WIN2K machine from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3. Everything was work fine. Then a security vulnerabilities alert was issue a couple of days ago about Cisco VPN Client 3.5.2. So, I upgraded to 3.6 and when I rebooted the machine I get an error, "System Error: Unable to retrieve connection status" i've tried to uninstalled the client, removing all registry keys relating to the Cisco VPN Client, and deleting the Cisco folder i the Programs directory after uninstalling the client. However, after completing does tasks, rebooting then intstall the client and rebooting again I get the same error "System Error: Unable to retrieve connection status" . This on both versions of 3.6 for Windows (Microsoft Installer and InstallShield Installer )

2 Replies 2

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you verified that the problem is with the SP3 and v3.6?

Are there othe rmachines with SP2 and v3.6 working fine?

I have it running on Win2k SP2 with v3.6 installed working fine,

Kindly let us know of your results,

Thanks,

Aamir

Yes there are there other machines with WIN2K SP2 and WINXP and v3.6 working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: