cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2003 & Management Center for Cisco Security Agents

ian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I've been unable to see an answer.

Can the CiscoWorks Management Center for Cisco Security Agents be installed on a Windows 2003 server?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm finding it difficult to find a new server that comes with Windows 2000.

I'm not in the office at the moment but I believe that the version that I have is 4.5.

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome and good luck.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Unfortunately, no. The CSAMC is dependent on VMS 2.X and that can only install on Windows 2000 Servers. I tried everything but no joy.

I believe the licensing for Windows servers allows to to install older versions of the server operating system. Check with your vendor for sure.

Failing that you could always purchase Server (I think it's around $400-500 depending on where you get it.

Tom

Thanks for your quick response Tom.

You're welcome and good luck.

Hi, just a quick message to let you know that I installed Windows 2000 on the server and the installed version 5 of the CSA MC. Things are working fine now.

:)

Cheers

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: