cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP 64-bit VPN client

complinet
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but conclusive information is hard to come by it seems.

I have a few users who are interested in running Windows XP 64-bit at home, but need to run the Cisco VPN client to access the network. Is there a compatible client available from Cisco at the moment?

Thanks,

Martijn

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

To my knowledge, I think we do not have a VPN Client that is compatible with any of the windows xp 64 bit processor.

I think it is under research. But a not sure about when things will come into market. But right now, I think the answer is "No" vpn cient available for windows xp 64 bit processor..

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Windows XP 64 bit is not supported, but Windows 7 and Windows Vista are supported in 64-bit as of the 5.0.7 code, now in beta:

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: