cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP - cleint setup version 3.1.1

bball
Level 1
Level 1

I can not setup my client workstation running windows XP to access my VPN from Home. I am connection via a Cable Modem running windows xp. When I install the software I get nothing in my start menu,I then look to program files, hit the vpn dialer and recieve the Following Message "The vpn Subsystem is not available" can anyone help me?

5 Replies 5

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the new XP or some beta version of it. We have had problems with anything other than the JUST released version.

No, this is the released version. Came new on a Gateway PC, it is the Home edition.

c.burt
Level 1
Level 1

I found your message posted on Nov 1, 2001. I am having the same problem...did you find a solution?

Thanks

cgregg
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed Cisco VPN Client 3.1.1. I also am running the Final release of XP. everything installed ok and I went thru the setup wizard fine. I am however having problems connecting. I'am getting "Failed to establish a secure connection to the security gateway" I am new to the VPN world. I am connecting to the corporate office PIX. I know the PIX config, and its working because another engineer is using it, but not with XP. Do I need to do any configuration on my Machine?

Curtis R. Gregg

Possible solution. This was sent to me by someone who doesn't have a login.

I just experienced the exact same issue and came

accross a site that gave me the solution.... and it

worked!!!!! I would have posted it on Cisco site but

I'm not registered. Good luck and feel free to post!

Problem: Receive a VPN subsystem unavailable error

when attempt to make a connection using the client.

Workaround:

Install the Client

Go to My Computer and right click, go to properties,

go to hardware

On the hardware tab, click on the device manager

In the device manager, expand the network adapters tab

You will see some adapters called Deterministic

Network Miniport (DN). The adapters should have a red

X through them. Right click on each one of the DN

adapters and choose uninstall.

Once complete, reboot

After rebooting, the client should function properly.

If it does not, uninstall, reboot and reinstall

Link where I found this:

http://www.ect.anl.gov/networking/vpnfaq.htm#Problem:%20Receive%20a%20VPN%20subsystem%20unavailable%20error%20when%20attempt%20to%20make%20a%20connection%20using%20the%20client

Goog Luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: