cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WINS traffic for VPN client

shabib.syed
Level 1
Level 1

I m planning to use VPN client 1.1 with PIX 5.2(3) bein the terminating point for the VPN users. using IPSEC/IKE .....giving clients Virtual IP. Will the clients able to route netbios traffic

3 Replies 3

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, the clients will be able to route netbios traffic. What exactly are you using this setup for?

I'm using VPN 3000 client to connect to PIX 5.2(4) (end of the tunnel), and I can't route netbios traffic. Any suggestions?

I m using the same VPN client and i am able to route the netbios traffic. her are few things. first u should have WINS address on the VPN group setting, then for Win 95/98 clients u might need to out in static WINs address on the client caz at times the PIX cant force the WINS address. Also i have noticed for dialup/DSL/Cable providers who give static ips to the client, u need to put in the WINS address statically there too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: