cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless NIC problems communicating with 3030

bclough
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a Linksys 802.11b wireless NIC (WPC11)for my laptop. When I connect with the Cisco VPN client (version 4.01) I can get authenticated, establish the VPN and send traffic through the tunnel according to the VPN client statistics. However, the client shows no return traffic being decrypted and nothing on the private network is accessable.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client - no change

I verified that the NIC drivers are up to date - no change

The wireless access point is a Linksys wireless router with integrated switch (BEFW11S4).

I can use the on-board NIC to connect directly to the switch and the VPN works flawlessly.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

elijah.savage
Level 1
Level 1

There are previous messages about this earlier and the fix is to flash your router. Linksys had some problems with their firmware and ipsec passthru it is now fixed in the latest version. I support about 5000 users on a pair of 3030's load balanced and have had to have many of my clients do this from home after they put in tickets about having problems. And this has fixed 99% of my users.

I upgraded the firmware, but it had no impact on the VPN problem.

Any more ideas?

I upgraded the firmware, but it had no impact on the VPN problem.

Any more ideas?

johnwallace
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. If you get this to work let me know. I had our person here try it and it still doesnt work.

hphelsor
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced the same problem when upgrading the laptop to XPsp1 from W2k.

Turning off the Zero Wireless Configuration service on the laptop seems to make things work a lot better.

ptran
Level 1
Level 1

try to lower down your mtu setting to 1300 and check with the firewall log to see if they are drop any packet coming from your end to the vpn concentrator.