Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

with context no vpns what's the use

in 7.0 the security context is of no use cause it stops all my vpn . i cannot have vpns running on the box with security context. i guess cisco should come up with vpn and routing functionality in with the context then probably it makes a context a full virtual firewall having all the features of the physical firewall. this where cisco is lacking behind netscreen and checkpoint. any

views over this all welcomed.

sebastan

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: with context no vpns what's the use

Hi Seb

You are right. This is a limitation in the ASA extends to the FWSM as well AFAIK. But i believe Cisco is working owards implementing the same on futue ASA software versions. Also contexts are useful if you want to give firewall only solutions for customers (like in Data Centers etc).

Gautam

Re: with context no vpns what's the use

h gautam yeah u are right. but they should implment it very soon. in a robust and easy to configure manner. cause in netscreen it also supports having seperate routing tables for each virtual firewall.plus it allows to run bgp in the firewall itself in service provider environments.plus 8 instances of each routing protocol. it's highly robust and full-proof architechture they have for virtual firewalls.

sebastan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content