Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Working VPN suddenly Not working

We have a PIX-506E-BUN-K9 running IPSEC to a 2651 router. The VPN has had its issues but for the most has been stable for about 2months now. I am not sure if the configuration is the issue or not, but just this Tuesday at about 3:30EST I can't ping any internal ip address at the PIZ site. We set up Lotus Domino SMTP between the two sites once we established the connection and that has been working great, but obviously now that is a big problem. I can ping the external ip address on the PIX side and run the Tracert to it as well,I can't ping private address. When we ping/ tracert to the Router IP address nothing. The wierd thing is that the PIX site has access to the Internet. Nothing has changed, configuaration wise on the router or pix

Lost and bewildered what should I be troubleshooting here?

A newbie

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Working VPN suddenly Not working

Have you seen any error messages or logs? It would be difficult to troubleshoot without any such information. The following link contains some troubleshooting documents. See if they help.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Technologies:IPSec&s=Verification_and_Troubleshooting

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content