Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

XML on VPN3000

Hi,

I'm looking a way to backup the vpn3000 and vpn3002 configurations. Would not like doing it via telnet since the backup script should navigate through several menus and then do the paging. Was trying to find some docs about the use of XML and all I found was how VPN solution center is doing that:

Step 1 On the VPN Solutions Center workstation, open a terminal window.

Step 2 Enter the following command:

script <filename>

where <filename> is the name of the file where the SSH configuration commands are to be placed.

Step 3 On the VPN Solutions Center workstation, open a Secure Shell (SSH) terminal session:

ssh <vpn3000_IP_address> -x -t -c 3des -l admin xml > <filename>

Step 4 Enter the SSH password for the VPN 3000 device.

Step 5 Enter the following command:

<Configuration><Export/></Configuration>

Step 6 Cut and paste the output of the command (which is in XML format) into a file.

Step 7 Repeat this operation for each VPN 30xx configuration file.

This approach did not work and I'm not sure whether it is suppose to work for vpn3002.

I'd appreciate any info about the XML and VPN3000 series

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: XML on VPN3000

From what I know, xml file can be exported into the configuration of the concentrator. If changes are made to the file and then imported back into the concentrator, the concentrator will take on those changes. I believe there is a way to request the backup file from the Concentrator via XML, but am not able to find the document that has the process outlined.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content