Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel Group configuration on E1 PRI

mangesh-bhende
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

With reference to below mentioned diagram, i have configured channel group on e1 controller and trying to pass data on this link and works fine. So my question over here is for such kind of requests is service provider does one to one maping of all 31 channels over his network from one end to other end of PRI for ever?

channel group.jpg

Regards

Mangesh Bhende

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mangesh,

>> So my question over here is for such kind of requests is service provider does one to one maping of all 31 channels over his network from one end to other end of PRI for ever?

yes you can see it in this way. PRI is structured and the provider is carrying the whole E1 over SDH

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Hello Mangesh,

E1 is part of SDH and PDH time division multilpexing and it is very useful in voice networks ISDN PRI is still a key element even in VOIP scenarios.

IT is not intended as a cheap alternative to leased lines, of course there can be cases where it can  be cheaper but not generally speaking

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mangesh,

>> So my question over here is for such kind of requests is service provider does one to one maping of all 31 channels over his network from one end to other end of PRI for ever?

yes you can see it in this way. PRI is structured and the provider is carrying the whole E1 over SDH

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, under which scenario such kind of circuits are ordered compared to Lease line and is it cost effective?

Mangesh

Hello Mangesh,

E1 is part of SDH and PDH time division multilpexing and it is very useful in voice networks ISDN PRI is still a key element even in VOIP scenarios.

IT is not intended as a cheap alternative to leased lines, of course there can be cases where it can  be cheaper but not generally speaking

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: