Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collection Manager Red Hat VMware

Hello,

My client is asking if the Red Hat Server that Collection Manager  is installed for the SCE platform supports VMware. I have read the installation guide of the collection manager but does not state anything. Is it ok to install in VMware?

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chaker BCHIR
Level 1
Level 1

Before I went to the client, I installed CM & Sybase in a VMware wich contains Red Hat Linux as an OS.

(My computer's OS is Windows and I had installed VMware in it)

It worked well with me.

When I went to my client, I installed directly CM in Red Hat Linux which was the only OS of his server.

I diden't like VMware, my client also

View solution in original post

Collection Manager 3.6.0 is not officially supported on VMWare but it is known to work.  If you face a problem with CM that is caused by VMWare, it will not be fixed.  You are still allowed to open a TAC case, and hope the problem you are facing is not due to VMWare (a bit risky though).

Collection Manager 3.6.5, however, will be officially supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel36x/cmrn/cm_rn_36x.html#wp1059749

As you can see, 3.6.5 documentation is already on Cisco.com, the software will be published very soon.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chaker BCHIR
Level 1
Level 1

Before I went to the client, I installed CM & Sybase in a VMware wich contains Red Hat Linux as an OS.

(My computer's OS is Windows and I had installed VMware in it)

It worked well with me.

When I went to my client, I installed directly CM in Red Hat Linux which was the only OS of his server.

I diden't like VMware, my client also

Thanks for the reply but i am concerned about support from Cisco. I wouldn't like it if Cisco refused to open a TAC case just because i installed Red Hat in VM.

Again thanks for your reply, the client wants to install in on VMware so wish me luck .

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

Collection Manager 3.6.0 is not officially supported on VMWare but it is known to work.  If you face a problem with CM that is caused by VMWare, it will not be fixed.  You are still allowed to open a TAC case, and hope the problem you are facing is not due to VMWare (a bit risky though).

Collection Manager 3.6.5, however, will be officially supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel36x/cmrn/cm_rn_36x.html#wp1059749

As you can see, 3.6.5 documentation is already on Cisco.com, the software will be published very soon.

Tom

Thank you, that was i was looking for.

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides