cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is possible to have policy server Gx integration in SCE8000 using anonymous subscriber mode

emencia
Level 1
Level 1

Team:

We are trying to implement control bandwidth in a SP network, using two SCE 8000 GE in active/active (inline, not cascade). Both SCE are in active mode and inline with the traffic, for that reason we have the possibility of asymmetrical traffic, but we need this topology and we can't change to cascade configuration.

We have a policy server (PCRF) and we are going to configure Gx interface between PCRF and both SCE.I have 3 questions:

1) is possible to establish Gx sessions from both SCE, one Gx interface/session from SCE#1 to PCRF and another one from SCE#2 to PCRF? it depends completely of the policy server (PCRF)?

2) If the SCEs are going to work in anonymous subscriber mode, is possible to perform Gx integration with PCRF, in order to obtain all the susbcriber info (Sub ID, policy, VSA Radius, etc) from the PCRF to the SCE? is permited the Gx integration method (using PCRF) in SCEs working in anonymous subscriber mode?

3) Is possible to have Gy interface from SCE to a OCS (online charging server) when you are using both SCE inline and active (we are going to have asymmetrical traffic)?

Billing  and reporting is going to work fine in this fashion?

Best Regards.

Emilio Mencia

4 Replies 4

Hi,

have you found answers ?

Regards,

Jaroslav

mmiletic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Emilio,

To answer on your second questions: Yes subscriber will first be anonymous for ms or so, until pull request is sent. After that SCE will receive all data like package ID, subscriber ID from PCRF and from that moment subscriber will be so called introduced.

For other two I am not realy sure I would say no it is not possible it will not be a good solution, but why don't you configure to have only one "half" of traffic/subscribers on one SCE and other on the second. Then everything should be fine.

I think it is not so complicated to configure that using etherchanel load balancing on switches for example...

Thanks,

Minja

thanks Minja.

At this time, we have boht diameter Gx session, one session from the first SCE to PCRF and the other session from the second SCE to PCRF. We are controlling assymetrical traffic using PBR, to avoid duplicate Gx session for the same subscriber from different SCEs

Hi Emencia,

Glad to hear that.

Ussualy you should avoid using asymetrical traffic, since some features are not supported in that mode. So if possible always use non asymetrical traffic.

One way is like you mentioned using PBR or on L2 level using load balancing where you need to make sure to properly do it on both sides to avoid again asymetrical issues. This is usually the issue iwth MGSCP topologies.

Cheers,

Minja