Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Limit P2P in Global policy

HI,

I have defined one global policy (Rate Limit: 40 Mbps) shared for hundreds of users and I'd like to know if I can limit total P2P traffic to 10 Mbps in that global policy. I don´t want to filter P2P traffic by subscriber.

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Limit P2P in Global policy

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I don't think this is possible, it would require to have global policy as child of an other global policy.

Tom

Community Member

Hi Tom,

I don´t know how i can nest global policies. I haven´t found anything about it. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

Sorry if I was not clear, when I said : "it would require", I meant that it is not possible currently.

I have now checked further and got the confirmation that at the moment you cannot do what you are describing. 

What you can do now is at a subscriber level, for example, limit total BW for subscriber to 4Mbps and inside it, limit P2P to 1Mbps.

Cheers,

Tom

Community Member

Thanks Tom,

I've already understood it. I'll do it limiting by subscriber.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content