Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting bandwidth on the CE

sunkarwall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need solution to a similar problem , really appriciate if you can help me on this.

I have taken MPLS services from my Service provider they have configured 8Mbps of MPLS bandwidth and 2Mbps of Internet bandwidth(using 2 Vlans) on their PE over a single physical link connecting to my Cisco1841.Please suggest me how i can ensure on the CE that internet users are not using beyond 2Mbps.All the interbet requests are being catered through a fortygate firewall , here is how the setup is.

----- Fortygate Firewall

PE---- CE--

------ LAN

Regards

1 Reply 1

narainarun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can define CAR or policing using MQC and apply it on the internet sub-interface in the CE router.

Using CAR:

1.Define ACL first. Here you can say match any as the entire internet needs to be rate limited

2.Configure this "rate-limit input/output conform-action transmit exceed-action drop under the sub-interface.

refer this for CAR: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_1/feature/guide/CAR.html

Alternately you can apply this on the interface where Fortigate is connected for both inbound and outbound. The exceed action is usually drop which you can mark down the IP Precedece/DSCP as well.

HTH

Arun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: