Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Rate limiting or policing (multi-homed) customer bandwidth?

Hi,

I work for a mid size regional ISP servicing public sector organizations (no residential customers). I am looking for suggestions or creative methods that some of you might have used to police or limit a customer's bandwidth to the amount they have subscribed to.

For a single homed customer I would simply add policing to the interface facing the customer. However we have a few customers which terminate in two separate data centers for resiliency. For these customers we have had to push traffic down a single side to prevent "double dipping" of the policing on the interfaces. How would you handle policing for customers who want to actively use both connections?

In addition, we only police traffic for Internet transit and any traffic between customers or from our research/educational network is unlimited. Also to add to this, we are a not for profit organization so I am looking for cost effective solutions.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content