Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE MGSCP design.

Hi all,

Currently we have one SCE8000 wich is implemented with following cheme:  ASR9000 -> SCE -> ASR9000

We want to buy second SCE. Classical MGSCP design requires SCE single ASR9000 with SCE ports in different VRFs.

Is it possible to save current cheme with 2 SCEs? i.e.

-> SCE ->

ASR9000                  ASR9000

-> SCE ->

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess there are ways to configure it :o), just ensure somehow that outgoing and incoming traffic for the same subscriber goes through the same SCE box.

If you use ether-channel load-balancing (bundle interface), one ASR has to use balancing based on sourceIP and another ASR based on destinationIP (basically, always use subscriber IP for ether-channel load-balancing hash).

It should resemble to this example, but vrf "core" and "access" are  two separate ASR boxes in your scenario: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-1/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc41asr9kbook/hc41lbun.html#wp1044287

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess there are ways to configure it :o), just ensure somehow that outgoing and incoming traffic for the same subscriber goes through the same SCE box.

If you use ether-channel load-balancing (bundle interface), one ASR has to use balancing based on sourceIP and another ASR based on destinationIP (basically, always use subscriber IP for ether-channel load-balancing hash).

It should resemble to this example, but vrf "core" and "access" are  two separate ASR boxes in your scenario: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-1/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc41asr9kbook/hc41lbun.html#wp1044287

Thank you!

I assumed so too. But I needed opinion from knowing people.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: