Views
Helpful
Replies

SM LEG

k.vlachoulis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I would like to ask if would it be a problem to use two LEGs (radius sniffer and radius listener) in order to obtain the framed-route and the frame-ip-address attributes for the same user in the same radius packet? The number of subscribers is expected to be around 500000 and we have two servers in veritas cluster for SM. The subscribers will be served by four SCEs 8000. We confirmed that we could have the expected result by we are concerned for the capability of the SM and SCE to handle all these customers.

I have not seen documented somthing that it is analogous to this and i am not sure if it is proposed by Cisco.

BR

Kanellos

1 Reply 1

usujlana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As the LEG would work independently I would assume that this would hypothetically work. Most deployments use the framed-ip-address :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel37x/sm_legs/Terms_and_Concepts.html#wp1045633

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: