Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA scale options on SIP-400

Hi All,

Are there any scalability limitations on 7600 with a SIP-400 module?

Specifically looking for pointers in identifying the maximum number of 1xGig ports supported per SIP-400 on a 7600 router.

Thanks

~sultan

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SPA scale options on SIP-400

Hi Sultan,

SIP-400 has 4 SPA bay, each bay can support 2x1G or 5x1G SPA depend on your IOS version.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/product_data_sheet0900aecd8027c9e6.html

HTH,

jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your response.

I am looking for a 'matrix' that gives me various combinations I can stick in, though you mention that each bay can support upto 2x1G or 5x1G, that is not the case.

When I try to stick in 3 nos. of 2x1G V2 SPA I get a message something like capacity exhausted/expended etc... and the SPA goes 'down'. In addition there are loads of other SIP/SPA incompatibilities... I wonder how difficult it would have been to make a single SIP capable of having ALL the available SPAs in any combination... but then this is Cisco :-)

I have also spoken to TAC, but the response was limited to 'Please check the product specifications'.

Thanks

~sultan

Cisco Employee

Hi Sultan,

Here is what I found from the product specification from the link I gave you before:

Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco 7600 SIP-400

CPU

Ability to run 4 GE line rate for 64-byte packets, and OC-48 line rate for 48-byte packets for POS, HDLC, etc. with select services

HTH,

jerry

Hi Jerry,

Really appreciate your response.

So this essentially means that I can have two 2GE SPA per SIP-400 module, that is the maximum I can scale!!

I will be left with two unused bays...

Thanks

~sultan

Cisco Employee

Hi Sultan,

I think that is the case. Please keep in mind that the SIP-400 is not designed for the 2GE SPA only, other SPA, such the 4xDS3, etc. For the 4xDS3, I have seen customer put 4 SPA into a SIP-400 and no complain from the IOS.

HTH,

jerry

Hi Jerry,

You inputs have been helpful, thanks for your replies..

Cheers

~sultan

Views
Helpful
Replies