Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1042 LAP w/ 5508 Series Controller - AP will not associate

Hi everyone, I have been racking my brain on this one all day.  I have made some progress, but the AP just won't associate.

I have a 5508 WLC licensed for 100 APs.  I have 1 - 1042 LAP connected for testing.  I have DHCP configured for the AP, and it gets an address of 192.168.254.100/24 - the controller's management interface is 192.168.254.99/24.  I can see that the AP is getting an IP and I can ping it from the controller.  However, I simply do not see the AP associating.  I enabled capwap debiugging and watched the events, but I didn't see anything crazy that clued me in.  What am I doing wrong?

The controller is v6.0.199.4

Every time I have set these up in the past they have been pretty straight forward.  I haven't gotten too deep into the config on the WLC becuase I don't want to cause more issues.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

The controller is v6.0.199.4

Upgrade to 7.0.X.

Said so in the data sheet.

2 items ..

1 make  sure your ap is a Lwapp model

2 upgrade your wlc to 7 code, 6 isn't supported

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content