Views
Helpful
Replies

1100/1200 AP series

Ayad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Could you please tell me the best models of access points (1100 or 1200 series) which offer:

- A very good capacity and coverage

- the most used standards a/b/g

- Inline Power (from 3560 witch)

I will deploy the Wlan network in a head office of 6 floors. i will have less than 10 users per floor.

Thanks for help,

Best regards,

3 Replies 3

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Only consider the 1131AG or the 1242AG APs as the other 1100 and 1200 APs support only Cisco proprietary POE, have 1/2 the DRAM and flash, and don't support many recent features of the Airespace controllers...

The differences between the two are primarily antenna needs and/or complicated RF environments vs standard carpeted offices...

I think 1242 is better because it has external antenna support.

ryanmarx8
Level 1
Level 1

My company currently uses the 1200 series, and swear by them. We never have to restarte them or have any troubles. They do support a/b/g and have mutiple options for antennas to suit your application. The coverage is great! I even use one at home, and able to get a full signal at my neigbors house. I do think they have a PoE version, but not sure, we dont use them...yet. There is also a power injector for PoE, but it kind of defeats the purpose because the injector has a power adapter. Good if no power supply isnt close or might be used outside. Anyways, hope this helps and that you find the right solution for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: