Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1130AG antenna orientation in WCS

As you can mount the 1130AG AP either on a wall or on the ceiling, how do you position the antenna when adding an AP onto a map in WCS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: 1130AG antenna orientation in WCS

I'm afraid that I cannot agree with that comment. Although the 1130AG has an integrated omni antenna, its Elevation Plane Radiation Pattern is greater out of the front of the AP than the back.

Please see the following document and search for 1130 for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

I believe that the only 1131 orientation that the WCS supports today is ceiling mount.

Also note that this also appears to be a limitation of the WCS in its not supporting 1000 series (AireSpace) access points in a wall-mounted configuration either.

Therefore, if you have a WCS and want correct heatmaps and correct client/rogue AP locations, it appears that ceiling mount orientations of these AP models is the only option at this time.

I hope this helps,

- John

(Please remember to rate helpful posts)

3 REPLIES

Since it is an omnidirectional antenna, you leave it at a 0 degree, since it's pattern is predictable without needing to know what direction it is facing.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Silver

I'm afraid that I cannot agree with that comment. Although the 1130AG has an integrated omni antenna, its Elevation Plane Radiation Pattern is greater out of the front of the AP than the back.

Please see the following document and search for 1130 for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

I believe that the only 1131 orientation that the WCS supports today is ceiling mount.

Also note that this also appears to be a limitation of the WCS in its not supporting 1000 series (AireSpace) access points in a wall-mounted configuration either.

Therefore, if you have a WCS and want correct heatmaps and correct client/rogue AP locations, it appears that ceiling mount orientations of these AP models is the only option at this time.

I hope this helps,

- John

(Please remember to rate helpful posts)

John,

The orientation of the AP is for heatmap generation, and the only time the orientation matters is for sector antennas. Other than that it assumes that you know the AP is omni and you would orient the AP accordingly. As to the WCS not supporting wall mounting the 1000 series, it doesn't care if the AP is on a ceiling or a wall, so long as you tell it what direction the antenna is facing.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content