Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1152 LAP, coverage and radio settings / RF planning tool

Hi,

I'm trying to limit the coverage of some access points to be able to do roaming tests between the APs, and to make small wlan zones for testing teams.

In the 5500 WLC I saw the radio settings and Power Level. Unfortunately it isn't enough, i need to lower the power. Is there another way to limit the power of an AP ? is there any documentation about how to do that ?

I saw a RF Planning Tool in some documentations, but can't find it, does it exist somewhere ?

Thanks,

Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you go to Wireless > Then 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n on the left side, you can change the power level of the AP there.

As these aer 1142, power level 1 will be 17dBm/50mW.  Every three dBm you go down halves the power, every 3 dBm up doubles the power.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES

When you go to Wireless > Then 802.11a/n or 802.11b/g/n on the left side, you can change the power level of the AP there.

As these aer 1142, power level 1 will be 17dBm/50mW.  Every three dBm you go down halves the power, every 3 dBm up doubles the power.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I saw these parameters, so I'll try to change this from 7 to 1 to see if it's enough.

Thanks for your answers.

Christophe

1 is the highest power, you would want to go lower.

Steve

Yes sorry, just a mistake in the message.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content