cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1200 AP will not boot up

ChuckDLC
Level 1
Level 1

Just about a year after being installed, we had to shut power down to our warehouse with 5 1200 APs in it for a long period of time. All the APs are on UPS but we desided the long term just to shurt them down until the power upgrade is done. When we came back online, all but 1 AP came back up. Before we shut them down, we noticed it had all the lights on and they were all amber. This AP is in a place where most likely wont get used much when we start putting in the automation. It will eventually be used but not yet. This would be why we didn't notice the boot failure before. I took the AP down and tried to connect to it via the console and can't. I attempted to set it back to factory defaults and it got rid of the amber lights but I still can't connect to it. Obviously the IP has changed but to what? can I get it somehow? Shouldn't there be a command line in the console? Can anyone help me?

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Sure there is a command line interface, use the following document to access it,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1100/accsspts/i12213ja/i12213sc/s13cli.htm

Yeah, I just found out today that Cisco will be sending me a new AP, this one doesn't even boot enough to get to that point. Thanks for your reply!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card