Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1200 Series AP uptime problem

I have 3 1200 APs total. One configured as an Access Point, the other two as repeaters. I have the latest firmware on all 3. I have been noticing that periodically the access points "reboot". The system uptime varies from many hours (8-10) to less than one hour on some occasions. Power does not seem to be the issue. Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES
Green

Re: 1200 Series AP uptime problem

Heat?

Flaky power supply? (and /or flakey cabling from POE source)

Severe overload (have you scanned for interference?)

Loose or oxidized connector on the radio(s) - try reseating the mini-pci radio.

Sometimes the units just have an intermittent problem. Try the power supply on another unit, it it continues to work, then RMA the AP.

Good luck

Scott

I have 1 unit installed on an ups, another unit tied directly into the power socket in the wall, and the third unit running off of a 12-volt power inverter in a vehicle. All 3 periodically drop all connections, and when I log in through the web interface after they come back up, their "uptime" says 1 or 2 minutes. These units are being used out in the middle of nowhere so interference shouldn't be an issue. I'm using WPA2. Would this cause instability?

Silver

I these are lightweight LWAP APs, this is a known issue that the newest firmware 4.0.x.155.5 fixes.

The new code is not without bugs either, http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse64027

I would wait for a couple of weeks when Cisco releases a "fix" for the above mentioned bug.

4.0.155.5 is the fix for the problems in 4.0.155.0, which is what your link talks about. That being said, we never had problems with 4.0.155.0 in our test environment.

Silver

According to Cisco, the following version 4.0.155.5 fixes these problems:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/4400_series_Wireless_LAN_controller

Image is: AIR-WLC4400-K9-4-0-155-5.aes

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content