Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1200s losing VLANs when trunked

Hi

I've got 1200s with 802.11a modules (802.11b integrated) IOS 12.2(13)ja2 plugged into cat3550-24pwr running IOS 12.1(12c)ea1, I use an ACS 3.0 sever for LEAP. When the ap1200s are in native VLAN 3 I lose connection overnight. None of the devices have lost power and a reboot of the AP does nothing. I have to change the port on the switch to static VLAN3 then I can configure the AP. The settings appear correct but need to be re-applied for the trunk to work. I then can change the switch port back to dotq trunking and can then associate and use the AP normally until the next day. I have one 1200 in VLAN 1 native and this is always available. I don't want to put them in VLAN1 because I am running out of IP addresses.Please help as I have 12 APs and can't do this every day!

3 REPLIES

Re: 1200s losing VLANs when trunked

Are you using VTP in your network?

The AP1200's are act as transparent when referring to VTP, but do not participate in VTP. If you are not running VTP on your switches, then maybe you have some vlan mismatches on your trunk links? Have you specified the native vlan 3 command on your 3550's. If you are specifying vlan 3 as native on your AP's then would be good idea to do the same on your switches.

try on your 3550 switch trunk configuration to add "nonnegotiate".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content