Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1232 AP's for Network Bridge

Hi, I have 2 1232 AP's to set up a bridge with. Every time I enter the AP into workgroup-bridge mode, it appears to shut down the 'G' interface I want to use. It takes all the config commands but wont associate claiming no response. I've set them up as AP's before but ne as a bridge. Any clues as to the possible problem or suitable configs will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Colin

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 1232 AP's for Network Bridge

The behaviour you are seeing is a expected one. This is because the AP1230 cannot be configured as a Workgroup Bridge. Although the command may be supported on this, the AP1230 does not support this role. Only the AP1100 can be configured as a workgroup bridge. For more information on the configuration of AP1232 have a look at the following URL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341d17.html#wp1083005

Re: 1232 AP's for Network Bridge

I am affraid you aren't right. AP1230 suports workgroup bridge since 12.3(4)JA relase. I have tested it today afternoon. Maybe the relase is the issue. Mirek

Views
Helpful
Replies