cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1242 and 1220 AP ---can telnet but not web browse?

jondriver
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

At my workplace we have recently updated TACACS configuration---just a new key .....and also password of last resort ---this should have gone smoothly--but some APs did not take the config for some reason----therefore myself and other employees had to visit each device and console in to update ---the majority of these worked , but a few will now not allow web browsing ---but you can telnet ---when I examined the config and software --the only difference I could see was the Boot loader was higher on the ones that cant be accessed via HTTP (12.4 (7) JA) if memory serves----whereas the AP's that work correctly have the same version 12.3(7) as the image file ( 12.3) .

Could this be the only reason ? I have checked every line of the config ,and show version---anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jondriver
Level 1
Level 1

Just to specify----I cant web browse as I am refused access , I get the username /password prompt when typing in the IP address---I have a telnet session already open and am using the password of last resort (which I know is correct ) or my TACACS username and password........thanks!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is HTTP/HTTPS enabled in the config?

I will have to check --thanks for replying , I will update later today

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card