Views
Helpful
Replies

1242 cant interupt boot through terminal

lloydwheelies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We  currently have 8 1242's and they all work fine, however we recently  baught one 2nd hand one which was previously connected to a WLC, it  lights up fine but it wont detect in IPSU even though the dhcp has  assigned an IP to it. I would like to login through the web page to  configure it but I am not able to do that either. It responds  to ping  fine though.

So  I no longer wont it be a LAP, so I tried to console in, to run  flash_init etc. but when I try and give the <ESC> command (during  the flash loader) it just carries on and ignores all input. I have used  the correct settings Baud rate 9600, no parity, no flow control ,  databits 8, etc. but nothing happens it just goes through the boot and  then asks me to press enter to input. i can then browse the directories  and rename files. but I just cant get it to holt the loader so I can  reset,  I tried rename of config.txt and env_vars but that has't worked  either. It keeps stating that it is looking for LWAPP/CAPWAP but  unfortunately we don't have a WLC

Is there another way I can reset it or is there some magic way in whic I can send the ESC command

Thanks

Lloyd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Follow the instructions below to load an IOS image to the AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Follow the instructions below to load an IOS image to the AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Stephen

But i keep getting timeouts, I increased the timeout to 50 to try and resolve but it still fails

I have solaris and solar wind tftp servers, It connects but does not transfer any data, I have turned all firewalls off.

Can you recommend a good tftp server and what setting I should be careful with

I've always had good luck with tftpd32.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi Stephen

Thanks I got it working the problem i was having is that I was going through a switch to the access point.

As soon as wired directly from the PC to the access point It worked straight away.

Your a life saver Nice one.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card