Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1242 cant interupt boot through terminal

Hi,

We  currently have 8 1242's and they all work fine, however we recently  baught one 2nd hand one which was previously connected to a WLC, it  lights up fine but it wont detect in IPSU even though the dhcp has  assigned an IP to it. I would like to login through the web page to  configure it but I am not able to do that either. It responds  to ping  fine though.

So  I no longer wont it be a LAP, so I tried to console in, to run  flash_init etc. but when I try and give the <ESC> command (during  the flash loader) it just carries on and ignores all input. I have used  the correct settings Baud rate 9600, no parity, no flow control ,  databits 8, etc. but nothing happens it just goes through the boot and  then asks me to press enter to input. i can then browse the directories  and rename files. but I just cant get it to holt the loader so I can  reset,  I tried rename of config.txt and env_vars but that has't worked  either. It keeps stating that it is looking for LWAPP/CAPWAP but  unfortunately we don't have a WLC

Is there another way I can reset it or is there some magic way in whic I can send the ESC command

Thanks

Lloyd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1242 cant interupt boot through terminal

Follow the instructions below to load an IOS image to the AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES

Follow the instructions below to load an IOS image to the AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Stephen

But i keep getting timeouts, I increased the timeout to 50 to try and resolve but it still fails

I have solaris and solar wind tftp servers, It connects but does not transfer any data, I have turned all firewalls off.

Can you recommend a good tftp server and what setting I should be careful with

I've always had good luck with tftpd32.

Steve

Hi Stephen

Thanks I got it working the problem i was having is that I was going through a switch to the access point.

As soon as wired directly from the PC to the access point It worked straight away.

Your a life saver Nice one.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content