cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1242 lap I switch duplex mismatch errors Anyone seen this ?

michael.lussier
Level 1
Level 1

After three months of trouble free This started all of the sudden this morning. All of the switches in one building with 1242 LAP started kicking out duplex mismatch errors.

has anyone else seen this ? Our network SOP is lock all ports to the device speed and duplex on autonomous they were locked to 100 full.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the 1242 LAP set to 100 full or auto? If the AP's are autonegotiating you will see this duplex mismatch.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

There is no way to see how the Ethernet side is confuigured via the WCS or on the WiSM. I was thinking the same thing.

By default the LWAP's are set to autonegotiate, so unless you changed that, then most likely that is the problem.

-Scott

I understand that. I have spent all day looking at docs to modify FA0 without any success.

I dont see any way throught the controller ( wism) or the WCS to modify the ethernet port on the access points. Unless I'm totally over looking something here.

On the WLC click on the wireless tab and then click on one of the AP's. I don't remember, but look there if it has an option to hard set the ethernet port. If not, then you should set the switchport to autonegotiate.

-Scott

I have been all through the controller on this one. There is nothing I haven't clicked on to try and find a point to set the fa0 without any luck.

The implementation folks dont like the idea of setting the ports to auot but I may not have a choice. I may try 100 half first and see if it stops the network alarms.

The AP will default to 100 half, but that gives you half duplex and might not clear up all the errors. You are better off changing the switchport to auto even though they might not like the idea.... you will have better performance.

-Scott

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

There is a document on Cisco site that details entering the following command into a Wireless controller:

configure ap ethernet duplex speed

The document can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00808b4c61.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card