Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1242 LWAPP associations failures

I've got a 1242 in my lab that I;m trying to get associated to a 4402 controller.

I was able to find the appropriate DHCP configuration with the appropriate options. The AP gets an IP, pings, but is not able to associate with the option fusnished with the DHCP ack from the server.

While connected on the console of the AP, I can see that the AP receives the IP, but tries to then connect using the DNS resolution.

The 2 controllers AP management IP's are :

172.16.253.134 & 172.16.247.135

the VSI string for one of the template is f108ac10fd86ac10f787 and the other one has the reverse for the IP section.

The VCI is set to "Cisco AP c1240".

Can someone help

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 1242 LWAPP associations failures

If your goal is to just get them running, the following doc shows how to manually prime them on the console.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp173579

If you are more interested in troubleshooting why the DHCP priming isn't working, could you let us know what DHCP server you are using? If You are using an IOS DHCP server, can you post the config? I have had good luck with DHCP on a router for APs. I can identifiy if the config looks correct.

- Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies