Views
Helpful
Replies

1242 - perfomance equivalent to 1230AG?

wififofum
Level 4
Level 4

802.11a question for the Cisco guys:

Will the 1242AG, with 5135D-R (3.5dbi omni) attached antennas, perform the same as or better than a 1230AG with the RM-21A (Cardbus-attached 5dbi in omni mode) antenna?

I'd like to move to the 1242s but I need to know if we can get equivalent coverage, all other things equal. I have heard the 1242s use newer radio hardware that is supposed to perform better. Does this balance out the difference in attached antennas?

Thanks for your input.

1 Reply 1

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

The Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series is available as an autonomous access point or available supporting the Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP). When configured with LWAPP, the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series can automatically detect the best-available Cisco wireless LAN controller and download appropriate policies and configuration information with no hands-on intervention. With simultaneous support of 802.11a and 802.11g standards, the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series delivers up to a 108-Mbps data rate in the 5-GHz and 2.4-GHz bands. The series currently supports 12 non-overlapping channels (FCC; other regulatory domains support different numbers of 802.11a channels) with potentially up to 23 channels via a future firmware release depending on FCC rules. For more information on this read http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_data_sheet0900aecd8031c844.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card