Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1242ag 100% Duty Cycle

Greetings,

I have a strange scenario I have been brought into at work. A loading dock that has 3 Cisco 1242ag units started filling the spectrum with noise keeping their set channel at 100% duty cycle. I'm using Cisco Spectrum Expert to locate the devices. When we unplug the AP the duty cycle on that channel drops to almost nothing. When plugged back in it may start again or not. Its hit or miss. We replaced 2 of the APs with other Cisco 1242ag units and had the same trouble. We do not use a controller with these units. Is there a setting on these units that would cause them to broadcast like this?

Regards,

Angel

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Ok, turn them back on.  Turn

Ok, turn them back on. 

Turn OFF all of the SSIDs and turn them on one at a time. 

There's got to be one wireless device out in your workplace that is causing packets to be retransmitted.

Replacing the D-Link switch

Replacing the D-Link switch that these APs were plugged into has proven to mitigate the problem. I wish I knew why exactly, but who has the time to research D-Link engineering standards.

Thank you all for your responses.

Cheers!

I agree with Leo, you'll need

I agree with Leo, you'll need to narrow down which SSID is actually causing the duty cycle to spike. 

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have a device that is attaching to one SSID and is a continous transmitter.

--

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

There is only one SSID in the

There is only one SSID in the warehouse. The problems started about the same time the local IT guys replaced the PoE hubs with D-Link PoE switches. What I'm trying today is putting one of my Cisco PoE switches in their IDF and plugging three APs into it to see if the problem recurs with those APs. Its the only common link to all APs in the warehouse. I don't like this line of troubleshooting, but its the only thing they have in common and it started about the time they moved to this hardware.

Views
Helpful
Replies