Views
Helpful
Replies

1242AG non-root/root not associating

naive.naive
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've configured a root and non-root bridge, but they are not asscociating to each other.

What have i left out?? (the config of both APs are very basic, no security/authentication)

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

radiomen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What’s the distance between the two bridges? Or they are close by and they can't associate? Need more details.

Thk,

P

they are just side by side (im doing an in-house testing before putting the AP on the actual location).

but, the AP's are without antenna at the moment (still waiting for the arrival), will that be the problem??

nothing complicated has been configured, just ssid and authentication open.

hope the information is enough for you to help me..

thanks.

The lack of antenna could be the problem. I normally use some spare "rubber ducks" to test the bridges locally.

b.schedin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem like this with AP 1310.

If there is a power outage I have to put the non-roote

AP to root and then back to non-root again to make them asscociate

erm..meaning i must have an antenna attached to the ap in order for the bridge association??

i'm place both the ap next to each other, arent this enough??

btw, what's the diffrence between workgroup bridge and non-root brige with the option with wireless clients (for both role) ??

thanks you.

A Non- root bridge connects to the root bridge and a wireless link is created. With the non-root role you are also able to have wireless clientes attached. A workgroup bridge connects to a root bridge but cannot have wirless clientes. The only clients it can have are the ones connected to the lan segment

okie..but how about the root/non-root association failure, im having now??

anyone can help me on that..

try connecting antenna to the bridges.

my antenna due to arrived next month, guess i can only test that later..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card