cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1250 AP with media converter ?

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

Have any of you tested the LWAPP 1250 AP with a media converter or combination media converter/PoE injector. - Just wondering if there are any that work OK. I don't need 56 volt PoE since I will only have one radio module installed, but I can't see buying a switch for each of these devices and mesh is not good for my application.

Please advise model numbers, etc if you have tested this.

Thanks

Randy

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

56 volts PoE for a 1250?? The Autonomous 1250 requires 18.5 watts if both radios are to work.

If you want to use media converter+power injector it would look like this ... switch -> m/c -> power injector -> 1250 AP.

If you are going to use a media converter, you need a power injector regardless if you are going to use one or both radio modules.

Take a look at the side of your 1250 AP, it says +56v dc.

I did say I was NOT using 2 radios, and I am presently running 1250 APs with a single "A" radio. You can buy media converters with PoE built in to the converter, so there would be no extra component to buy. I only wanted to know if anyone has tested these things.

regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card