Views
Helpful
Replies

1250 as 1240 (antenna diversity)

grzegorz.ciolek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have to do some labs with antenna diversity. But I do not have any 1240, 1131, etc right now. I only have 1250. What parameters must be enable/disable to run 1250 as 1240. I have disable 2 RX (B i C) and 1 TX (B). How to disable spatial multiplexing and enable antenna diversity. It is LAP connected to controller.

Edit1:

I found this:

802.11a antenna diversity enable <ap name>

But this massage appears:

Slot is not Disabled.

Edit2:

I have managed to enable antenna diversity. I had to disable "admin status" before applying diversity. But now I have some doubts. Should I disable one Tx and two RX or only one RX. Which antenna are used for diversity for 5GHz. I think A and B. Anyone can help ?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Greg

3 Replies 3

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

You can use the AIR-ANT5145V-R and AIR-ANT5170P-R antenna for the diversity purpose.

For the further description aobut those antenna following URL may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b_ps430_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Hi

Thank you for respond. I can use antenna diversity on two dipole antenna. I do not have to use AIR-ANT5145V-R or AIR-ANT5170P-R

My problem is that my 1250(with antenna diversity, which try pretend 1240) is still visible as 802.11n capable.

I know that I can disable 802.11n globally on WLC but I need one 1250 to work in 802.11n.

Cheers

Greg

The AP 1250 is fully capable of running in 802.11a/b/g-only mode only. To do so, you need at a minimum to use the "A" and "B" antenna ports on both radios. However even at "legacy" data rates there is a performance improvement when using all three antennas. The additional receiver improves range and throughput for OFDM (i.e., 802.11a/g) clients. In addition, RRM, location tracking, and heat maps assume that three antennas are in use on each radio. Deploying all six antennas during the initial installation also makes you eventual migration to 802.11n a little easier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card