cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1250 patched into 6500 CatOS switches

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

Guys does anyone know of any issues with the 1250 access point being patched into 6500 CatOS switches

When patching the the 1250's in, I noticed that it was showing a 'NotConnect' state.

I then disabled, enabled it, and it came back, and after a certain time they become disconnected.

I tried this against a couple of ports that didn't come up OK, and they did exactly the same thing.

Is there some sort of known problem with these APs and Cat switches running CatOS? There are no errors clocked against the ports…

Please see attached details

Many Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are the requirements for 1250's on the 6500 and some other notes... CatOS isn't supported.

Linecards:

WS-X6148A-GE-45AF

WS-X6148-GE-45AF

WS-X6548-GE-45AF

PoE daughter cards:

WS-F6K-48-AF=

WS-F6K-GE48-AF=

Software Release:

12.2(33)SXH2

March 31

Notes:

Supports 2 radio 11n mode

Recommend 1:1 replacement of 802.11a/b/g to 802.11n

No limitations on the number of AP1250s that can be used with a card or chassis

Chassis power supply must be correctly sized for PoE load

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks fella,

Does it matter that I am using Power Injectors?

It shouldn't matter.... If you are using the correct power injectors, then the 1252 should power up fine.

-Scott

The problem I have is that we have 1250 APs that are powered by air-pwrinj4, the power injectors are patched into the Cat switch and are showing as not connected, are we still saying the 1250 are not supported on Cat switches.

I have patched the same AP and Pwr inj into a 3750 and the AP shows connected and is stable.

does this point to your initial comment that the 1250's are not supported on Cat switches

Many Thanks

Is the port negotiating correctly? The CatOS isn't supported to power up the 1252. I don't see why it wouldn't work if you have a power injector. Do you have an AC plug to power the 1252.... just to see if it can be the injector and the switch not negotiating?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: