Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1252 ACCESSPOINT CANNOT CONVERT FROM AUTONOMOUS TO LWAPP

I cannot convert cisco 1252 accesspoint from autonomous to lwapp using any image.Did any one tried this?

11 Replies 11

grzegorz.ciolek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have done several conversion without any problems. Could you provide more info what does not work.

Cheers

Greg

With 1252's you have to use the archive command and tftp the rcv image to the ap.

You need to have the lwapp image on your tftp server and use the archive /r /f tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar flash: command.

The image has to be renamed to c1250-k9w7-tar.default. You can use c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA.tar image file and just rename it. Once the ap joins the wlc, the ap will get whatever code from the wlc

Here is an example:

archive download-sw /forced-reload tftp://[ip]/c1250-k9w8-tar.default flash:

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to change ios from autonomous to lwapp using cisco upgrade tool not with wlc.

For converting to autonomous we are convrting to .default.Also i am able to convert for all other acesspoint except 1252

Hi

I had issued the following command and it has get converted.Now i can see the ios has changed to lwapp ios.I will test with WLC and confirm you it is joining or not.Thanks for ur earlier response and support.Please note that i had not convereted to .default.

archive download-sw /forced-reload tftp://192.168.1.5/c1250-rcvk9w8-tar.124-10b.JA3

Yeah... I think I got confused with converting IOS back to LWAPP... which uses the .default.

Let me know if the LAP's are able to join.

-Scott

I tried to connect this using wlc.But its not joining wlc.When i consoled into the Accesspoint its showing the error like cannot join wlc ip address is configured globally.

IP address cannot be changed

Can you console into that ap and capture the output from the console so I can see the actual error?

-Scott

Hi Buddy

It worked.It was problem with the wlc image.

thanks a lot for your support.

Hi

Thanks for your response.Here the problem is i am able to convert all other accespoint to lwapp using ciso upgrade tool.But for 1252 it is not possible.I tried with all images but its showing the error like image is not correct one.

Upgrade tool will not work with the 1252. That is why you have to use the cli and the archive command.

-Scott

Hmm I think WCS 5.1 also cane be used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card