cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1252 LAP.

aritacco37
Level 1
Level 1

I Have a 1252 LAP that immediately gives me 3 solid red lights on the top when I give it power.  Is this a dead board.  I cant find info on the 3 red lights anywhere.  I called Cisco but it is out of warranty and they would not even tell me what the 3 red lights mean.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Its dead.. we normaly replace the device if its under warranty or associated with any contract...

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3 red lights?  Sounds like it's dead.  Can you try to remove the radio modules and see if you get the same result?  Have you tried to console into the AP and find out what is the output?

Yes I have tried all the above.  I see nothing when I console it, and have tried radios from other ap's. Also tried no radios.

It has to be dead, but I was just curious because I see nothing on 3 red light anyware in the forums.

Thanks,

Hi Leo / Aritac..

if Ethernet / Radio / Status LED are RED then it means.. the AP is facing some Boot loader errors and its the issue with the DRAM Memory test failure experienced by the AP.

let me know if the above answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

So can I fix it? Or is it dead?

Its dead.. we normaly replace the device if its under warranty or associated with any contract...

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thank you so much for the info.

Love the Cisco Forums......

its our pleasure to help you.. Thank you for using the support forum!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card