cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1252 performance. what to expect?

sap
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using iperf to test a Lenovo w/4965n chipset against a 1252 on 5 Ghz.

Iperf shows approx 55 mbit/sec and 300 Mbit is indicated as nominal speed on the adapter. I would expect somewhere around the double of that. It doesnt make a difference whether I configure 20 or 40 Mbit channel width on the 1252 and all MCS speeds are enabled. Been over the parameters in the PC adapter and its optimally configured. I'm using Intels latest drivers, 11.5.0.32. Can I configure a greenfield only setting instead of mixed mode?

5 Replies 5

sorvarit
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting to see some real tests of mimo performance. Rather dissapointing result, but its still almost three times higher than ordinary wifi speeds (approx. 20 mbps). Still i also would be expecting around 100mbps.

I will try to see what speeds we can get on a bridge with two 1250s this week.

do you have some test result on two 1250 in bridge mode?

What security method did you use on the WLAN? AES encryption? MCS speeds are only enabled at full speed with AES. We have consistently seen speeds of 115-120mb. I have seen speeds up to 128mb but not been able to get quite there myself.

Any more results on this? I would like to see what others get as well.

I typically see 140Mb (5Ghz) with 40Mhz channels, and 80Mb with 20Mhz channel, WPA2/AES and WMM allowed. Tests conducted with full AP power and Intel 4965. Ixia Chariot high_performace_throughput test script with two test pairs. I have also tested the Dell 1505 as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card