cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1310 Bridge Firmware and Console Troubles

spille
Level 1
Level 1

A few days ago, we lost the Ethernet connection to one of our 1310 Bridges. Restarting the unit restored access for a short time. A technician tried to reload the IOS over the console port and set the speed to 115200, and then lost the ability to communicate with the device. I have tried to console into the device using every speed from 110 to 921600, but cannot establish a connection. Also, the LEDs are showing a firmware load error (red, amber, red). Is this device bricked, or is there a way to recover it?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Loading Firmware error it means disconnect and reconnect the power injector power. If your access point/bridge has a firmware failure, you must reload the complete image file using the Web-browser interface.

I've tried power cycling it and the lights are still the same. Am I wrong in saying that if the firmware doesn't load, there wouldn't be a webpage to visit?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was finally able to get console access, but I was still getting weird characters on the display. It turns out that the flash was corrupted. I was able to format the flash and reload a working iso image. Thanks for all the replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card