Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1310 Bridge with wireless clients configuration

I have a 871W router at the main building and a 1310 in a remote building. The 1310 is currently acting as a "repeater" which gives us a connection back to the main building as well as access for wireless clients near the 1310. I now have a need for both wireless and wired clients near the 1310. To do this I placed the 1310 in the "non-root bridge wirless-client" role. This allowed my wireless clients to connect to the 1310 and reach the main building. The wired clients however cannot reach anything. They do not even pick up a DHCP address. I manually assigned an IP address on a wired client and it could ping the 1310 but nothing beyond the 1310.

Is there a different role I should have set on this radio? I've also tried 3 different versions of IOS, eaching giving me different results. In an older version of IOS this mode would not even let the clients connect wirelessly to the 1310. Since I received different results on each version of IOS I'm not getting a good feeling about this 1310.

Thanks,

Brandon

Below is the configuration of the 1310

service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname XXXX-1300
!
enable secret xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
no aaa new-model
!
!
dot11 syslog
!
dot11 ssid xxxxwlan
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   infrastructure-ssid
   wpa-psk ascii xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
!
!
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
no ip address
no ip route-cache
!
encryption mode ciphers tkip
!
ssid xxxxxwlan
!
station-role non-root bridge wireless-clients

infrastructure-client
bridge-group 1
bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
no bridge-group 1 source-learning
no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0
no ip address
no ip route-cache
bridge-group 1
no bridge-group 1 source-learning
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface BVI1
ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
no ip route-cache
!
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
transport output all
line vty 0 4
login local
transport input all
transport output all
line vty 5 15
login
transport input all
transport output all
!
end

3 REPLIES

Re: 1310 Bridge with wireless clients configuration

what VLAN are the wired clients in?  If they are not in the 192.168.2.x subnet, you'll need to trunk across the 1310 to the 871/

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

They are in the 192.168.1.x vlan with the wireless clients. This is a small network so everything is in a single vlan.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi,

Today i faced 1 problem, Im doing the outdoor wireless. 1st stage, im using 1 unit AP1310 as a RootAP and client also using AP1310 as a WGB. and have 2 client wired (PLC and PC connect together with AP1310 in 1 switch inside 1 cabin)..Everthing works fine and i can remote is from any company network.

2nd stage (upgrade), my company want to replace RootAP 1310 to Mesh Network with 1 RAP using LWAPP1522 and WLC4400. After configure everything to WLC, i only can remote my AP1310 only and cant remote my PLC and PC as normal. I also cant ping my gateway from PC using AP1310 to network. From the WLC Client, i only can see AP1310 (bridge) the client of bridge not appear. Why ya?

Please help.

Note:

PLC= Programable Logic Control

PC= Cabin Computer

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content