cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1310 twinax cable

tjd2112pcca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have aquestion about a 1310 wireless bridge we have installed on top of a 9 story building. It is connected to the injector with a 100ft and a 50ft section of twinax cable with a barrel connector in between them. It has been operating for almost a 9 months very well. Now it only stays up for one or two days. The radio stays connected to the 1310 on the adjacent bulding, it's the ethernet connection from the injector through the twinax cable up to the AP on the roof that fails. We have already replaced the 50ft section of cable. Could it be a moisture/cold problem? If I disconnect the twinax and reconnect it, it comes back up (but only for a day or two).

1 Reply 1

hsalermop
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I had similar problems with mine. You can check for loose connections or faulty connectors.

Try the following:

>sh int fa0 --> if you see input and CRC errors you are likely having this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card