cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1400 bridge and VLANs

kent.plummer
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites bridged with 1400 bridges.

I wish to bridge a single vlan between the two sites. However I want to setup the bridges with management IP's on seperate subnets (the local management subnet for each site).

The only way I can get this to work without bridging various vlans together is to not use the BVI1 interface and apply the bridge management ip to a subinterface as per below:

interface FastEthernet0.816

encapsulation dot1Q 816

ip address 10.97.16.100 255.255.255.0

no ip route-cache

bridge-group 2

bridge-group 2 spanning-disabled

!

interface BVI1

no ip address

no ip route-cache

Then not bridge this vlan816 on the radio interface.

The issue with this is that the snmp process on these bridges seems to be hard coded to bind only to BVI1 - hence snmp does not work at all. I have a TAC case in re the snmp which is obviously a bug. However I was wondering if anyone else has met these similar requrements via another means?

Thanks for any help.

Kent.

2 Replies 2

bfeeny
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a fix for this?

e.bayon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

You only way, you can access to the bridge using IP (snmp or other protocols)is configuring BVI1 with ip, in the VLAN what ever you want or chose for management and the same ip range an vlan for the other bridge and BVI1 too, because the APs o bridge only can bridge IP over this BVI1.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: