Replies

1400 Bridge - Network Issues

gabrielsagredo
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 bridges.

1 root

3 non roots

All associations are working and they can pass traffic.

However after a few hours the root bridge stops passing traffic to the Switch (uplink).

I try to ping its IP - times out.

If i go to the Non-root side. Console to the switch then telnet to the non-root bridge I can see it is associated to the Root Bridge. I ping the root bridge over the AIR and I recieve a reply.

I can telnet to the root bridge and see that all 3 non roots are associated to it and I can ping between them.

I can NOT ping from the root bridge out to the switch (its uplink).

On the switch I see the CDP neigh with IP information and all. On the root bridge I see no CDP neigh information from the switch.

The switch is working as other devices are plugged into it and can pass traffic.

What fixes the issue is I reset the root bridge, either by pulling the power or going to the non root side telneting to the root bridge and doing the reload command.

Once the root bridge reboots and is up everything works like it should for a few hours.

Any Ideas as what could be the issue?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

gabrielsagredo
Level 1
Level 1

Its not a spanning-tree problem as in the port is getting blocked. I forgot to mention that in the original post.

alefebvre
Level 1
Level 1

Do a show int on the AP. See if there are any CRC errors.

Try setting the switch and the AP to speed 100 & full duplex and swap the cable between the two out.

Upgrade the firmware.

Just a couple of thoughts... Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card