Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1410 Bridge Antenna Option

Hi,

Can somebody advice me on the antenna options for 1410 bridges. Can I use a 2.4Ghz Antenna for a 1410 bridge ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1410 Bridge Antenna Option

No, you cannot use any of the antennae in the 2.4GHz range. The use of those antennae will not fall within FCC compliance and could cause damage to the radios.

Currently there are only three external 5GHz antennae and of course the one that is internal or "built in" on the 1400's and I believe it is 28dBi directional.

3 REPLIES
Silver

In order to comply with radio frequency (RF) exposure limits, the antennas for this product should be positioned no less than 6.56 ft (2 m) from your body or nearby persons.

Three optional external bridge antennas

9-dBi omnidirectional external antenna with vertical polarization

9.5-dBi sector external antenna

28-dBi dish external antenna

Thank you. My question is, can I use the 2.4GHz antennas for the 1410 bridges ? We want to replace all the current 350 bridges we have with 1410. Should we buy new 5GHz antennas or can we use the current 2.4GHz antennas but just replace the 350 bridges with the 1410 ? Need advice on that

No, you cannot use any of the antennae in the 2.4GHz range. The use of those antennae will not fall within FCC compliance and could cause damage to the radios.

Currently there are only three external 5GHz antennae and of course the one that is internal or "built in" on the 1400's and I believe it is 28dBi directional.

Views
Helpful
Replies