cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1410 Slow Performance

msdavis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a VPN over a pair of 1410's and experiencing less than stellar performance ~ about 2Mb/sec. The radios are operating at 54Mb/sec, the signal strength is -32 dBm, the signal to noise is 59dBm, the Ethernet side is running clean.

The only errors that I can see on the wireless seem to be that when under load, the Retries seem to be almost 30% of the Unicast Packets Sent, with about 5% of the retries being multiple retries. The "Protocol Defers" and "Energy Detect Defers" seem to be about 1/3 - 1/2 of the Retries number.

On the VPN side, I have looked at the counters on the ASA5510's, which are dedicated to this link and the counters seem fine. I have adjusted the TCPMSS with the ASA5510 to 1380.

I don not know exactly what is causing the Protocol Defers and Energy Detect Defers. I would imagine that some bandwidth loss could be the overhead from VPN and wireless "turn-around", but my expectation would be closer to 50%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

shanemason
Level 1
Level 1

Did you by chance just up grade the code? One of our customers just upgraded the code on their 1410s and now have less than stellar performance.

No - they are recent installs. But the code we are using is the 12.4.3 code, which is the latest and we just upgraded to the latest rev, just as a measure before opening a tac case.

Did your customer back-rev the code and get the performance back? If so, may I ask what rev they went back to?

Thanks.

Yes, customer just emailed me and told me they rolled back, but didn't say what they rolled back to... Here's the quote (slightly edited):

Ok, pass this along?

DON?T USE THE LATEST FIRMWARE for the 1400s. When we did a physical factory reset, the **** things are flying?.

Ggrrrrr

Hope this helps, please rate if so...

Well - Sounds like that might be something to try - it couldn't hurt.

Thank you for relaying the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: