cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1500 MESH remote units not associating

jcowtan
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 2006 controller with a Root 1500. LWAPP for this unit comes up. However, the other 1500, configured at a MESH will not associate.

If I connect to it via the ethernet connection, I can get on to confirm configuraitons. I have reset units to factory defaults including the 2006 but no change.

The 2006 code level was upgraded to 4.0.179.8.

In trying to solve the issue I am concerned that their may be no power going into the remote unit. How does one check for that?

I have cheked the Bridging ID's and 1-touch is enbaled. The units have fixed IPs.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Matthew Gasparro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also ensure you have added the AP1500's MAC to the AP Policy list. This is a common issue when people are trying to get the 1500s to connect.

goto -> Security -> AAA -> AP Policies and add the MACs of the 1500 to the AP Authorization List.

Also use the "debug lwapp events enable" cli command as it is extremely helpful in troubleshooting APs not connecting.

Yes the MAC addresses were added. I have also viewed teh debug output and the MESH units never show in the trace, only the ethernet attached unit.

When I ethernet attach a MESH unit, it does come up, but as a remote, it does not.

kenny_jacobs
Level 1
Level 1

HI;

Just wondering if you ever resolved this issue.I am having the same issue at the moment?

Yes and No.

We found that the power supply was at fault. I am told the MESH group is aware of the need to fix this lack of power indicator.

The power problem we had was the wiring got mixed up and the hot (blk) was not getting a 120V.

We found the problem by Having another RAP POE supply. So we powered a MAP using this cable and found it discovered the RAP and controller ... just like in the books!!! Of course, if the unit is new, it may take time for the OS code to load over the wireless link and reboot (5-15 minutes).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card