cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1532E P-T-P Bridge using AIR-ANT5114P2M-N

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking to upgrade 2 of our current 1310 wireless bridges with the 1532E model, and using the 5GHZ 14dBi antenna-AIR-ANT5114P2M-N.

We are looking to achieve increased throughput and a higher data rate than the previous 54MB bridge.  The approximate distance is close to 2500 feet with line of sight.  Using the coverage calculator/spreadsheeet, we should be able to connect up at an MCS index of 15 with line of sight.  Obiously, this will probably change once we actually implement and test.

I am curious if anyone has used this AP/Antenna combnation for a P-T-P bridge implementation, and what your experiences was?  We are looking at deploying this in standalone mode.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This product is pretty new so you might not find too many who have used this ap with antenna combo. That distance really should be fine since you do have line if sight. The other alternative is to look at the Exalt r5005 PTP bridge that Cisco resells since you are looking at doing PTP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the input.

That patch antenna should be fine for your install as that is the highest gain antenna that Cisco makes for that model. You should be able to hit a higher MCS rate I would think. As long as there are no buildings or trees in the way you should be fine. If your swapping out the 1300's, you can always estimate what you will get with the 1532 by seeing how the existing PTP bridges are negotiating at and compare the gain on the antennas also. Since the 1532 will be using the 5ghz for the link, that should also help clear up any interference from other wifi or bridge links.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

vigleik
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very similar case, and was planning on using the same AP and antenna.

Did you implement this design?

If you did, how much throughput did you achieve  on the link ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card