Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1552e not joining 4400 wlc

i'm having trouble with a AIR-CAP1552E-A-K9 joining my 4400 controller. i get the following error:

Type of error that occurred last........................... AP got or has been disconnected
Reason for error that occurred last........................ Radius authorization of the AP has failed

note that i only have 'accept manufactured installed certificat' checked under security>ap policies

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Hi,Normall it comes with mesh

Hi,

Normall it comes with mesh image.

On the logs ":  Radius authorization of the AP has failed " means that this needs the MAC address to be in the mac filter or ap policies.

So, from WLC GUI>>Secuirty>>AAA>AP policies>>Add> (AP mac addr) and check if it joins.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Pls attached the console

Pls attached the console output of your AP while booting & trying to associate to your WLC. THat will tell us more about why it cannot register to your WLC.

I believe you are running 7.0.116.0 or above on your WLC

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

i dont have access to the AP

i dont have access to the AP console. Here is what i see on cdp:

Version :
Cisco IOS Software, C1550 Software (C1520-K9W8-M), Version 15.2(4)JA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

4400 controller:

Product Version.................................. 7.0.240.0

VIP Purple

AP console output is required

AP console output is required to tell exactly what's going on..

HTH

Rasika

VIP Purple

Hi,Normall it comes with mesh

Hi,

Normall it comes with mesh image.

On the logs ":  Radius authorization of the AP has failed " means that this needs the MAC address to be in the mac filter or ap policies.

So, from WLC GUI>>Secuirty>>AAA>AP policies>>Add> (AP mac addr) and check if it joins.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Gold

the self-signed certificate

the self-signed certificate (SSC) of the AP was not correct on the controller. The controller always checks its local database before it forwards the request to a defined radius server. As a result, the RADIUS authorization is pending for AP error appears when the controller does not find the SSC locally.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/100731-ap-not-join-con.html#ex4

Views
Helpful
Replies